Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

Something dawned on me today: Christmas is over. Somehow, this year, christmas only seem to last one day. It wasn't a season for me. Technically, Christmas lasted one night for me on the eve when my aunts and uncles came over for a gathering and dinner. However, it wasn't anything especially special because I see them quite regularly. The most special and of course the one thing I look forward to during Christmas was the gifts. Really appreciate my brother for buying me a new bag. Few days back my mum asked me what I wanted for xmas and I told her I needed a bag because mine had holes in them. It was really heartwarming when my brother told me he had already gotten one for me. Guess that is what you call the Christmas spirit.

However, I felt really weird because all I did was to receive. Somehow, as I grow older, I feel the need to give to people. Although I'm not earning any income, I feel a bit left out seeing my mum and brother giving presents out. Something I can't explain...

Anyway, I was trying to take a nap and suddenly gained some insight...
I realised that in any group or community, somehow one person will behave different from the others. And that person would be the "outcast". Everywhere I go, I never fail to spot this phenomenon. Sometimes I ask around to see what is so "scary" or "evil" about this person but the points mentioned are mostly very subjective. However, human nature kicks in such that people will go with the flow and "outcast" this person. Till now I still wonder how this mechanism works, how the brain decides to dislike this person even though no tangible harm has been posed. Mysteries of this world I guess. Well, this is all I thought about because I do not want to harp on the sadness of the world.

Time to return to my nap...ZZZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home